Thursday, October 8, 2009

Best I Ever Had

Well it's an uneventful night at the BYU Jerusalem Center tonight. At least for now. I have some time to spare, so I thought I would do my end of summer post. Yes, I know summer ended more than a month ago, and fall is fully there for everyone in Utah. But here in Jerusalem, it is still in the 80's, and I don't think I've wanted to say goodbye to summer quite yet. It was after all, one of the best summers thus far. Whiffle ball on Sunday nights, Greenhouse Effect at 1 am, boating, tennis, early morning runs, JCC, Creamies, The Bachelorette, diet coke, "white lips", Newport Beach, 4th of July fireworks, The Fray, Jackson Lake, milk duds, Bear Lake, family, and love. Who would want to say goodbye? But just because we say goodbye, doesn't mean it's the end. Just new beginnings. So Summer 2009, "you da best I eva had."

I hated saying goodbye to these girls, and all others. You guys made summer the best, and I love you all!

It was so fun having Mark and Ash back this summer! Brady and I loved hanging out with you guys, even when our boating adventures were way too cold to handle!

I miss this boy.

Lily Jules Richards!!! The first little girl in the Richards family was born on August 19. I'm so happy for my sis and her family!

Brady took me up to Bear Lake with his family the week before I left, and it was the perfect ending to a perfect summer. Especially notice the unwashed hair, going on 6 days. He's mastered it.

We came home Sunday morning, and I had a goodbye dinner Sunday night. The whole family was there, and I loved it. There is nothing like my whole family being all together. It was Brady's first experience with everyone, and I'm sure it was quite the experience. I love all of you. I feel so lucky to have been surrounded by you all right before I left
! I think of you all as my best friends and I miss you all like crazy!

Lily Jules!

A typical day for me at home is talking to my sisters and my mom. This has been a hard change for me! You guys are my best friends, and I love you so much!
Happiness

So now I embrace fall. Yes, the only leaves I see are the crisp dark green leaves that have fallen on my porch. But that porch looks out over Jerusalem, so this fall, I think I will survive without the oranges, reds, browns, yellows, and many other mixtures of colors. But just this once. I miss fall in Utah, and I miss all of you! But I'M IN JERUSALEM!!! I'm grateful everyday, and I feel like I'm dreaming.

My first weeks here, I felt so awkward walking through the city. I didn't know where I was going, I was looking around constantly, it was hot, and I felt lost. Yesterday we got out of the cab and started walking. We continued our conversation, casually and with no pauses for directions. Naturally, we got to where we were going. It's amazing that I am starting to feel at home in Jerusalem. I'm in love with this city.

7 comments:

jennie said...

love the pictures Chic and miss you like crazy. I ran up in the hills yesterday where we ran this summer and I thought about how much I loved that little time with you as the sun was coming up each morning. Sounds like things are going well- I am so happy for you and excited to hear more about your adventures. xoxoxoxoxoxo Jen

Jules said...

Hey White Lips! (I burst out laughing when I read that!)
Love the pictures! We miss you and we did have an awesome summer! Sounds like you are feeling more comfortable in Jerusalem...and it sounds like so much fun! Enjoy! We miss you! I am going to do a few new posts tomorrow, so check it out...we do them mainly for you!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo, Jules (had to outdo jen's xo's, cause I love you more!)

dance yourself silly said...

First thing.... I LOVE this post. so freaking much. You are too adorable. why is that I can't stop telling you how much I love and look up to you? You are amazing, Juan. Secondly.... that picture? really....? Did you happen to look at me? of all the pictures you could have picked.... and you picked that one. The only reason I am somewhat okay with it- is because that was taken the night that I danced the night away to MJ at The Pie. Tribute to Mj, night. brilliant. And yes.... dear december. please come sooner. Amen to that. I love you! only 2 more months. 2 down, 2 to go. I LOVE YOU JUAN.

Lanée Jensen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emma said...

you need to post again.

emi said...

this post is darling! i miss you naner! the grand canyon was amazing but i wish you had been there! i hope you know how much i love you and we are going back to chamonix and jerusalem together so plan on it.

xoxo FC

Julie Wilding said...

Um. MY JANE HAS A BLOG?! Did I just forget this because I am mentally overloaded? Write more! Post more! I love it! I miss you! I'm glad You liked my video! Now when I'm singing in my car I say to myself, "I am singing in Jane's ear right now". I agree with Emma--post more, bum.