Friday, September 25, 2009

Mt. Sinai

We ended our trip to Egypt with a bang. Thursday morning we woke up at 2 am to hike Mt. Sinai and make it for the sunrise. We started hiking in complete darkness, under the stars. First thing I looked for was my common checkpoint of finding the Big Dipper, and then the Little Dipper. I'm getting pro. About halfway they let us break off, so I started to run. Obviously, I didn't run for that long, but I was able to break away so I could hike in semi-silence. I got to the top, with Bryan close behind, and we found the perfect spot for others to gather around us as they came. On top of Mt. Sinai, I watched as the sky turned from darkness to light. And now you can see a small glimpse of what I experienced...
Once the sun was up, people in our group started singing hymns. It was surreal sitting on the ledge, looking over the valley, and listening to hymns, thinking about Christ. I thought about Moses, and I thought about the very mountain I was on going up in smoke and fire. It made me think about life and how I personally want to leave the mount. It was such an awesome experience!
The Red Sea!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Jane...So So Awesome! WOW!

Lanée Jensen said...

JANE! Why didn't I know you had a blog???